Managing in/out times

I would love if Peerspace can send a text to the guest (and hosts?) about a half hour or hour before wrap with a “time to pack up” notification or let them know that they can add time if needed . People often linger beyond wrap and I dont want to shove them out. I also run into parts of the crew arriving early eager to set up. That’s a hard one too. The time before and after the call can add up, and often guests dont take that into consideration.

I agree - I do my best to make it as clear as possible to the guest that the stop time is a hard stop and 95% of the time guests still go over the time and I end up being the bad guy when the end time was very clear.

Agreed. Seems like it’s the same thing every booking. Most of the time they don’t start cleaning up until their time is up. Seems like a quick text reminder would do a lot of good to help.

A reminder with a notification that O.T. kicks in if equipent / personnel / vehicles are still on the property after the agreed-upon time. My listing also tells them up front that they have a 10-minute grace period into the hour before the OT clock starts, but once it does, there are no partial hours. That usually gets them out on time :slight_smile:

This is a great idea…Upvote!

Uuuggghhh…!
Early arrivals/late exits are my biggest frustration. I really like the idea of peerspace sending a reminder text - great idea!

We have definitely had people just barge in well before their booking, as well as those who are “almost out” 5 minutes before their end time, yet it still takes them 30 minutes to really be gone.

I am having less trouble in that I repeatedly stress what the start and end times really mean. One of the advantages of using Peerspace is that we can put rules and policies off on them.

For example, someone writes and says “We want to start our booking at 1pm, how early can we come to start setting up?” Response: “The way Peerspace works is that we unlock the space at your start time and you can begin to load in and set up. By your scheduled end time, we need to be able to lock up, with everyone and everything out of the space” [should also include “and off the property”].

Another point to stress, something like this? “Insurance is required for your rental, and the coverage is limited to your booking period. So, contractually, we are not able to allow early access.”

I don’t know what Peerspace sends to guests when they book, but it would be great if they could stress a few of these key points that hosts repeatedly deal with.

• “Please respect your booking start and end times, and inform any vendors and friends that early access is not allowed.”
  • “Your host should be able to lock up the space promptly at your scheduled end time. Clearing out of a venue can easily take 30 minutes to an hour, so please be mindful of the time.”

Yes! This has been a big frustration of ours. We mostly book events on weekends, and we often have a quick turnaround between events so it’s crucial guests adhere to Booking start & end times! A few months ago I started having guests fill out a Google form a few days prior to their event. It asks them their event details, any rentals they may want (which they appreciate), but then it also states rules they need to agree to in order to submit the form. I ask them to fill in their start and end times as booked on Peerspace (Just in case they were unclear, this forces them to doublecheck themselves!) and it states in bold that they will NOT be able to enter the space prior to or stay beyond their end time, which they have to click “agree” to. In the case of nighttime events, I let them know that they may be able to add an additional hour but they have to let me know at least one hour before their booking end time. And I have cameras onsite as well, so if I can see they haven’t even begun cleaning up and it’s 30 minutes before their end time, I will text them myself and let them know I will be there in 15 minutes to start prepping for the next event! That usually works. But a text from PEERSPACE would be super helpful, same as we hosts get a text from PEERSPACE letting us know that the event is about to begin!

Hi @Krystal_O and others on this thread. I love the idea of a reminder notification to guests 30 minutes before the booking end time with an option to extend at the displayed hourly rate. We’ll get this added to our product roadmap, thank you for the suggestion!

Any other features you can think of to make the “day of event” process run more smoothly? Please add them here!