Keeping Track of Renter Requests

How do people keep track of what your renters request prior to the event? We’re a small museum with three staff members, so all of us need to be able to put hands on the setup list for a given rental (if I get hit by a truck, my co-workers need to know that X renter wants table linens while Y renter has requested the projector).

At the moment once the renter has booked, I send them a link to a Google Form with basic questions like: who’s the point person on site (with contact data); whether the event is being catered and by whom, what of the offered amenities they want (how many chairs, tables, do they need AV, etc.). This all goes where everyone can get hold of it. But many clients don’t communicate everything to me via the form (quite naturally) which means if I don’t remember to add new requests to the central knowledge base, it can be missed.

I don’t think Peerspace has the right functionality to collect all this info, so I’m looking for insight on how others handle the problem.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have been intending to set up a Google Form as well, but know that I will have the same issues. If you send the form early, they won’t have all the info, but at least it is a start. After that, you and the team can fill in the blanks as information becomes available, which is what I imagine you are doing now?

Can we do the reverse? Take the info from the generated Google Sheet and send it to a form with a nice layout to print for the day of the event?

Set up a Google Drive for you and your coworkers to share the event details for each event (or keep in logged in a Google Calendar with inserted notes and “invite the guest” via their email to view the google calendar or Notes on your drive–they will always be able to log in and see what you have updated) Then send the update to the renter 2 weeks before in case there is a change. Easy to open the upcoming event to see what needs to be set up for that rental day.

1 Like

I created a series of spreadsheets and forms using Airtable to manage all of my bookings. I list on other platforms and also get a lot of organic and/or repeat bookings. Putting everything into my Airtable forms allows me to manage and share info regardless if it’s a Peerspace booking or not.

I’ve also connected it to my Mailchimp email marketing account so that all of my contacts automatically go into mailing list.

It’s not easy to use, but it’s 100% customizable so you can make it what you want if you have the time.

1 Like

NEVER rely on the client to do your job for you. YOU want the information, that makes it YOUR responsibility to gather it.

Forms are great, but practically, they’re for you and your staff. We take at least one setup phone call with all event bookings to review their needs and expectations, go over any details we need to convey, any concerns or custom requests the client needs, and to ask all the questions on our event questionnaire. (we use Trello to keep events and forms organized)

We then invite all clients to tour the space. If they decline the tour, we remind them the space is as-is, and if/when they complain upon arrival, we just reference the invitation to tour the space, stick to our rules, and leave the blame on them. (there are some exceptions, of course)

If a client doesn’t have all the answers at the time we ask, we add a calendar note to follow-up with them at least 1 week prior to the event, and if they still don’t have the answers, we [politely] threaten to cancel the event. What I mean by that: we send an email saying we have not received required information and will have to cancel the event if we don’t receive it by X day/time.
It’s the same thing as payment. You don’t unlock the door if they haven’t paid, same thing if they haven’t answered your event questions or provided insurance.

Being a hard brick wall about these things forces your clients to behave to your standards.
If you let them be lazy, they will be lazy.

1 Like