Using the new add-ons feature

is anyone using the new add-on feature to create custom offers? especially for event photographers? we just got approached by a local photography company…would love to hear your experience working with local event photographers.

Thanks,
Sam

Hey @Sam_U,

Please clarify. Are you speaking of the add ons for rentals?

hey @Eli_P, yes the add ons for rentals. Creating a Custom quote with a line item for event photographer as an add on. Any experience with this?

Yes. How can I help.

@Eli_P great. how do I add an event photographer as an add-on to a quote going out to prospective venue bookers?

For example, got an inquiry for my venue for 3 hours, I want to add an event photographer at $50/hr to the total quote.

Hi @Sam_U, here’s a video tutorial our team put together to walk you through how to use add-ons. Let us know if you have further questions!

4 Likes

Do the fees Peerspace takes for a booking include the price of the add-ons or this calculated only off the hourly rate of the venue?

If the fee calculation includes add-ons, hosts would need to factor that fee into their pricing when selling the service of a 3rd party (like for the event photographer example mentioned above). Otherwise, we’re losing XX% to Peerspace when paying our vendors.

Hi Geoffrey,

I’d be glad to clarify. The 15% fee applies to all items processed through Peerspace, including add-ons. Like you suggested, we recommend taking this into consideration when pricing your individual add-ons.

More details on add-ons, and how to create them, can be found here:

Hope this helps!

Best,
Grace

I just logged onto to create some add-ons and in trying to add tax, it actually rounds it up. CA sales tax is 9.5% but it rounds it up to 10%. Will Peerspace be taking a cut of the sales tax as well? Is this even legal? I’m not sure how to make sure that I’m charging accurately.

Hi Justine,

Great question! I can confirm that the 15% fee does not apply to sales tax or gratuity. Also, the values shouldn’t round. Our team is looking into why this happened to you and will provide an update shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience!

Please let us know if any other questions come up as you start adding items to your inventory.

Best,
Grace

1 Like