Host Metrics Research - We want to hear from you!

Hi everyone!

We know how important performance data is to hosts, especially those of you in the forum who’ve already contributed great ideas around what metrics you’d like to see.

In an effort to make this information more available to you, we sent an email last Thursday that included YTD earnings and a Power Host progress report.

Were these metrics helpful? Tell us what you think here.

If you’re interested in participating in a short 15-30 minute phone call to discuss what metrics would help you better understand your performance on Peerspace, please reply to this thread or message me directly.

Thanks!
Grace

5 Likes

Hi Grace - Thanks for YTD earnings email. It was very informative. If possible, we’d love to see how many impressions vs inquiries vs bookings we are getting each month as it would really help us understand how many our spaces are being received by guests.

1 Like

Hi Ashley,

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Would something like a full conversion funnel be helpful for you? This would include total impressions, clicks/page views, saves, inquiries/requests (“leads”), and finally accepted bookings. We’d start at the host-level, but eventually make this information listing-specific.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts on this topic!

Best,
Grace

2 Likes

Hi Grace, it would be nice to see how many of our inquiries ultimately booked spaces via Peerspace.

1 Like

Hi!
The YTD earnings are a wonderful and helpful addition.

It would be great if hosts who sign up for ‘instant bookings’ were able to see how many they actually do - currently it shows as an instant booking when booked however as soon as the booking goes to ‘past bookings’ there is no indication that it was an instant booking.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone,

We sent our most recent edition of the Host Hub newsletter last Wednesday 7/3 (Subj line: “How popular is your space? Monthly insights inside!”). As before, we’d love to hear your thoughts on what worked well and what could be improved.

• Were these conversion metrics helpful?
  • Did you understand how they were being measured?
  • etc.

Tell us what you think here.

If you’re interested in participating in a short 15-30 minute phone call to discuss this topic, please reply to this thread or message me directly.

Thanks,
Grace

2 Likes

Hi Grace, I would be happy to discuss metrics, when is good for you?

1 Like

Hi Grace, I’m also very interested in helping out as well!

1 Like

Hi Grace, we appreciate the tangible feedback you are providing. Here are some thoughts as I reviewed my metrics email received from Peerspace on July 3, 2019.

• PROMPT: Nice that it came quickly on the morning of the 3rd;

• EARNINGS: We start with earnings, and this was a good month for us. At first glance the amount may not agree with our records, will have to review;

• AVERAGE PAYOUT: Next is average payout, would be good to know what period is included in the average. Could even have 2 averages: one that includes all rentals since listing with Peerspace, and a second could be the average over the previous 6 months, not including the most recent month;

• POPULARITY:

Impressions - sounds good, but feels a bit abstract

Views - visits feels more tangible, nice

Saves - saves likewise feels like some validation

With all these numbers, it mainly will be nice to monitor the trends, are we getting more of each every month;

• CLOSING:

Leads: good to see. Question is how qualified/serious were each of those leads. Would be good to see if they did book a space on Peerspace. So include Leads: and also Booked Other:

Customers/Bookings - I don’t know what the difference is between these two metrics;

Close Rate: this value would be more relevant if we knew more about the Leads and their follow-through;

Could add Hours and Days: Would be cool to see the total number of Hours booked, as well as the number if individual days;

Could add Average Hourly Rate: Total received by host divided by the total number of hours booked.

3 Likes

Hey everyone,

It’s that time again! We sent August’s edition of the Host Hub newsletter last Wednesday 7/7 (Subj line: “Your August Host Hub - Metrics for Better Listings”) and would love to hear your feedback.

Highlights included:

• Listing Views (line graph showing monthly views YTD)
  • Listings booked instead or popular listings near you

Tell us what you think here .

Like last time, if you’re interested in participating in a short 15-30 minute phone call to discuss host metrics, please reply to this thread or message me directly.

Cheers!

Grace

I’m always happy to help, Grace!

1 Like

Hello, hosts!

Earlier today, we sent this month’s edition of the Host Hub newsletter. If you haven’t seen it yet, search for Your September Host Hub - Stats to Get More Bookings in your email inbox.

In it, you’ll find insights into how search and your listings are connected – and how you can use these insights to maximize your exposure in search for the activities you want to host.

As always, tell us what you think here .

And, if you’re interested in participating in a short 15-30 minute phone call to discuss host metrics, please reply to this thread or message me directly.

Thanks!

Grace