Lots of inquiries - low bookings

Hello! I’m a new Peerspace host and I’m getting a great amount of inquiries for our space (outside of Los Angeles, in Orange County), and multiple site visits. Lots of students and a few pro-productions in the mix. However, my booking rate is low. What can I do to increase the number of completed bookings? Thanks!

My listing is at: https://www.peerspace.com/pages/listings/5d69fe4e341652000f6f61d0

1 Like

Hello,
I’m new to this site and have not gotten one inquiry…wonder if I’m doing something wrong.

1 Like

Alright guys, let’s turn those frowns upside down and see if we can improve your experience on Peerspace!

Christine - your home is absolutely beautiful, with lots of charm (and an appeal that works really well with commercials and commercial lifestyle shoots).

I am a commercial photographer and creative director and have (in the past) been ‘that guy’ that recommends spaces for my own clients.

I hosted a Peerspace event a couple of months back about improving photos for Peerspace listings and one of the key points I touched on was

• the importance of the ‘main’ image. If your main image isn’t amazing, then very few will look past that first image to find the gem beneath
  • ‘depersonalizing’ your image stack. Removing yourself from the equation (removing all personal photos and effects from your image gallery and putting up neutral decor) really increases your space’s appeal, as product teams won’t need to spend as much time adding their own decor.

Looking at your main image, I would recommend a wider image that shows off more of the room. I love all the little knick knacks and the furniture, but my eyes want to see what else is in the room too.

I’m officially in love with your oven - it has such a retro charm to it and the whole kitchen would look amazing in a photoshoot.

I would recommend allowing a couple of photographers to shoot models in your space for free, in exchange for allowing you to use the photos in your gallery. Really show off what is possible in your space!

Along those same lines, this is a pain in the butt to do, but I recommend removing all of the personal effects and drawings and everything from the fridge and let that retro appeal shine forth. Similarly, clear off the counters and take the shot with a wider lens (and if you don’t have one, you may need to hire a photographer for the job).

Take away every pot and pan on the stovetop, remove the liner from the garbage bin, take away towels and other accouterments.

In the bedroom, reshoot your images without the wedding photos. As a photographer, I used to have my own images on my walls, but production crews couldn’t work with copyrighted images and they never quite fit their vibe. They would either take my photos down or cover them up, so I replaced them with artwork.

Also, make sure to hide electrical cord however and whenever you can. I have spent hours, tears and dozens of zip ties hiding as many of mine as possible, but it’s worth it!

In the bathroom, take away the towels (or replace them with soft toned decorative towels. Clear off the counters, sink and shelves and do a ‘hands and knees’ scrub down on the floor.

You have a beautiful home and you are 80% of the way there, but that last 20% is the difference between no bookings and a full calendar!

@Fifi_C - can you link your space? I’d love to have a look!

4 Likes

How do I do that? I’m new on here

This is amazing advice, @Deacon_T! Thank you so much! :smiley:

just link the URL and I’ll have a look!

my pleasure! Like Eek the cat used to say, “it never hurts to help!”