Los Angeles during Covid19 - What are the current rules?

Hi everyone!

We haven’t had any bookings since March. About two months ago a couple of single requests started coming in. However I am still very unsure of the rules and regulations in the LA area and we haven’t booked anyone yet.

We have various kinds of events, birthdays, photo shoots, some filming, pop up stores, and baby showers. I know that LA has opened up TV And film production again and I assume still photography would fall under that as well. However what about the other kinds of private events? Group gatherings still seem to be illegal however restaurants and gyms are/were open.

Does anyone have some more knowledge on this subject?

Thank you!

The City of Los Angeles has laid out the protocols for each industry.
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/
They are all similar - with masks and social distancing at its core.
I suggest taking a look at all of them as they match up with the booking. - if it is a class - what are the protocols ?
If it is a meeting what are the protocols. Film, rehearsal, etc.

I have stayed away from parties and large gatherings - I also monitor the total number of people they plan to have at the event and how those people will interact with the space.

It is challenging as, unlike hair and nail salons, there is no reopening category specifically for our rental spaces. As mentioned, filming is allowed with specific guidance, and a photo shoot is simply a small production (right?).

As John said, it seems Off-Site/Meetings could be allowed, again if following specific guidelines.

I have had several inquiries about baby showers and such for now and the coming weeks, and I don’t see anything suggesting these are allowed right now. I just added text to my Events cover photo stating that Due to COVID-19 we are not currently able to host social events (something like that). I had a small wedding coming up that I sadly had to cancel. Somewhere in the reopening guidelines I saw “Gatherings and events are not allowed.”

It’s hard since the rules are subject to legal interpretation. Do what is right for you, and check with legal counsel if you can.