Bookings in Los Angeles?

How are everyone’s bookings going in Los Angeles? I know productions have started again and people seem to be working on things. But wondering how it’s going for everyone now compared to pre-covid.

We had a space in NYC for years that we shut down in March and eventually left in the summer. In LA now and considering getting a new space out here to start renting. Any feedback is appreciated!

1 Like

Hello John,
It’s Weird. I Have had about 3 Scouts in the last Month. But On 1 Scout, The House Was Chosen, an the Actor walked in and Changed the Entire Scene, and MY Location was Canceled.

1 Like

I am in Long Beach. I am trying to adhere to gathering limitations so I am offering space for small family parties up to 10 and production up to 15. I have had inquiries but just one booking this of my kitchen for a youtube video. I have a yoga dance studio, i’ve had individuals book for their rehearsal. I have had 21 in oct and only 3 small bookings… Pre Covid I was averaging 5 bookings per week.

1 Like

I get around 10-15 bookings per week by decorating my space in a very eclectic style to draw in photographers, but most are smaller bookings, 2-3 hours. I’m Very thankful for it though and hope things keep picking up

1 Like

Hi
Pre Covid I had a very steady rental flow for my commercial studio Space.
Now I have very few rentals and have been operating at a loss since March.
Many of my bookings are falling through from video productions I would have converted before even after a positive walk through.
I believe I am losing the little potential business Due to lack of size. While my studio is very comfortable it’s only 2000 sq ft and the groups that are backing out are 15-20 people. I think they decide it’s to tight for social distancing even though they like the space and even with a large bay door and central air.
Unfortunately I would think the same way these days with distancing, where previously I easily could accommodate groups that size or more. So I have had many holds for multiple days back out.
So over all not looking good at the moment.
I wish you all well.
Robert Reiff
MagicLight Studio
Marina del Rey

1 Like

Hi. I listed my space in July this year so I can’t compare with the pre-covid faze. I received about 8 bookings since.

1 Like

I’m in Los Angeles, northwest San Fernando Valley (Chatsworth) and production in my neighborhood and home is on fire. It started up around August/September. My home is listed solely for media productions.
I’ve had 6 productions in 2 months, 2 from Peerspace (I was scouted 5 times from Peerspace) and 4 from repeat production companies or location scouts. The feedback I’ve received from scouts is that they want big open indoor and outdoor spaces for filming due to Covid Safety and my yard is very large which thankfully has been a great advantage.

2 Likes

We’ve been oddly fortunate! Having started our studio business on Peerspace in March the exact day LA issued it’s closures, we’ve had daily bookings since! (minus the 2 weeks Peerspace didn’t know what they were doing and vaguely closed down) We only do rentals for productions and for groups under 6 people with 2hr min so that’s definitely helped with all the small independent creators! Fully booked every month so far!

1 Like