Time for Guest to Accept a Custom Offer

When I send a Custom Offer, there are several places where it says that the guest will have 7 Days to accept (which I obviously thought was way too long). But I received an email that says they will have 2 Days, and I assume that is what the guest sees.

1 Like

Hi @Brad_B,

Thank you for this feedback. I’ve notified the team and they will take a look at this when they get in tomorrow. Could you send over any screenshots of the emails you received with the wrong timeline of 7 days to help@peerspace.com you can put Urgent Attention Lawrence in the subject line.

Warmly,

2 Likes

Hi Lawrence,
We recently had the same issue come up. I sent one of our clients a custom offer on June 30, and we received an email on July 7 saying your custom offer has expired. I’ll send you some screenshots. Peerspace sent us an auto notice that the client would have 2 days to reply, but in reality they gave them 7 days.

Another question: if we send someone a custom offer is that date blocked on our calendar until there is a reply? Can another client send us a booking request for that day? Are we allowed to accept a different booking request before the custom offer has been accepted/declined or expired?

1 Like

Hi @Angela_Marty_S

Long time no see.:grinning: Thanks for the screenshots! To answer your second question the time is not blocked when you send a custom booking until the guest accepts the offer which confirms the booking, which means if you get other booking requests other guests can still book your space.

Best,

That was fast! I just sent you an email with the shots, let me know if you need more.
Thanks as always!
Angela

1 Like

I just sent a screenshot showing the 7 days in Messages.

Hi Lawrence,

I just had a client accept a custom booking for 2-7pm, but when we received the confirmation email, it said 9pm-2am. I sent a screenshot via email.

• Brad

Hi @Brad_B,

Looks like the email is coming up wrong but in the system, the time is correct for 2pm-7pm.

I will notify the product team and have them take a look at the email notifications.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and being patient with these last batch of notifications that have been off! We greatly appreciate it!

Warmly,

2 Likes

Hi @Angela_Marty_S @Brad_B,

For custom offers guests will now have 7 days to accept the custom offer that a host has sent them. For regular bookings, hosts will have 48 hours to accept a booking request from a guest.

Thank you for reporting the issue with the copy in the emails, this will be updated to reflect this newly added time for guests.

Warmly,

Hi Lawrence, I am surprised to see that. I don’t see any reason that the acceptance period should be any different: a quote is a quote. 48 hours seems entirely reasonable: the guest has 2 days to accept or the offer expires. There is no need to let the offer languish. I have had a number of instances where the guest has let an offer lapse, and they simply ask us to resubmit so they can accept, no big deal. I would very much like to see you stick to the 48 hours.

I have a prime example from this week. Had a site visit Monday, they wanted to book. Submitted a custom offer on Tuesday for an event for this Friday. We swapped a couple of messages, they “definitely” wanted to book. Then they disappeared. It would not be right for them to be able to not communicate, and then accept the offer sometime tomorrow as a last minute booking.

So that is something that needs to be taken into account as well: the expiration on Custom Offers needs to take into account the event date, and not let them accept at the last minute.

1 Like

Hi Lawrence,
I don’t understand why a custom offer would be extended to 7 days, rather than 48 hours like a standard booking request. The guest could incorrectly assume they have a hold on the space for that long, especially because you are making a special offer to them. I think it just encourages them to take longer to make a decision.

And if I receive a booking request from another guest for that same date do I myself need to cancel the custom offer before accepting the other one?

Thanks,
Angela

1 Like

Hey @Angela_Marty_S,

I notify the potential client that this does not mean I am holding the spot for them, you should also put it in your rules section.
You do not need to cancel the initial request, whoever accepts the booking first gets your location first. Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Hi Eli, letting them know the offer is not a hold is a good idea. I still can’t see any reason for an offer to sit open for 7 days, can you?

1 Like

Hi @Brad_B @Angela_Marty_S @Eli_P,

The custom offer does not hold the space as @Eli_P has mentioned, so you would still be able to accept other guests that are more serious with booking quicker.

Custom offers can be canceled by the host before the guest accepts the booking at any time, all this extension does is give you more room to work with as you continue to grow your business on the Marketplace.

This change comes from data and feedback from event venue hosts and guests that might need more time to close out deals for bigger events that can total $10k plus. Often time companies might need to check back in forth with their teams before they can move and this change allows more room to do so. Hopefully, in the future, we will have the option for hosts to set the time for offers to expire when they send them.

It probably won’t benefit hosts that have production spaces as much. Production crews tend to book quickly and might not require as many additional amenities or services added to their bookings. They typically favor instant bookings, this feature probably wouldn’t benefit those with the event listing type.

We know that we’ve added a lot of great new features and that they won’t always be a one size fits all for all hosts, as there are hosts that use different segments of the marketplace. Some features work better with certain listing types. With that being said we will continue to look at data and user feedback to continue to improve the features that we have to offer.

You three are all long-time hosts and we always keep you in mind when we think up new features and appreciate you stick with us for the ride throughout all these changes and offering your feedback because it improves the experience for all hosts.

Warmly,

3 Likes

Hi Lawrence,
Thanks for explaining this. It seems like an important feature for large scale or more complicated events and I agree that should take precedence.

I think Eli’s suggestion that we include a note with the offer that it’s not a hold and that until they accept it the date is still open for others to book would prevent misunderstandings.

If they don’t already, maybe Peerspace should automatically include that message with the custom offer?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the dialogue. My initial concern was the feeling of an implied hold. For clarity, perhaps the Custom Offer could include a variable Expiration period (say 1-7 days). Also include a variable Hold period (1-7 days).

Then Custom Offer includes host-specified variables in something like: This offer is valid for the next 7 days, and we are able to place a hold on your date(s) for the next 2 days.

1 Like

Thank you Lawrence for clarifying.

1 Like

About a year ago, I had a client who kept asking for offers(I sent three, not sure why I even sent after the second). She is the reason I put the text when I send offers now that this is NOT a hold.

2 Likes