Schedule E or Self-Employment?


Taxes are coming up and looking to engage with a tax specialist soon, but curious to hear where you folks list the income if you do this part time in your home? Do you list your income in Schedule E (Rental Property) or Self-Employment income?


Anyone have any guidance on this?


Hi Karen, I’m not a Tax Specialist but Peerspace sends out a 1099-MISC. This question really depends on if you are reporting as a business or individual. You can check out this link from the IRS they cover a few different scenarios.


i am also doing this part time in my home, and have the same question.