Real Time Availability from Client's Perspective

Hi Peerspace!

When a client puts in their event date and time frame (eg, Saturday June 15th 6-10pm) and we are already booked during that time (and I’ve blocked that time off on the calendar) - does our space show up to guests looking?

Or is only when they request to book does it tell them we’re not available?

I would like to know the answer to this question as well. It always confuses me when someone sends a message asking if the space is available on a specific date/time. I thought they have access to see it on the availability calendar.

From time to time I see this issue as well. I will be watching this post.

1 Like

Hey @Sarah_D, great question. When you already have a date booked a new guest will not be able to book that same time it will show up as unavailable on the calendar in red and they will have to choose a different date. Which may be the reason they messaged you to see if they can get around that.

Warmly,

28%20AM

1 Like

I have a somewhat related booking question: If the client reserves space; then pushes the time back 45 minutes and doesn’t use the last hour of their reserved time - how does billing work?

Do they still need to pay the reserved time as it was blocked out? Or do you amend?

Thanks,

K

1 Like

Hi Karen, it seems the general concern is that guests will not vacate when they are supposed to, but I have had some guests wrap up early. At first I would feel anxious that they would ask for a refund for the unused time, but I don’t think that has ever happened.

When they book your space, they are paying for the right to use the space for a specified period. If they don’t use the entire time, that is up to them.

3 Likes

Thanks Brad, appreciate the tip!

1 Like