Release Notes 🎉 Add-ons + Calendar/Attendee Pricing

Hey, hosts!

We’re halfway through the year and are excited to announce some larger product improvements to our host community. In June, we put the finishing touches on…

• Add-Ons: You can now add line items to custom offers to up-sell additional services you provide at your space. For now, this feature can only be accessed if you have a live inquiry or request. More info here!

• Calendar Pricing: You now have the ability to set hourly rates based on the day of week or time of day. You can access this feature by clicking “Edit Price” from your Listings tab. More info here!

• Attendee Pricing: You can also set tiered rates based on number of attendees. Each tier you set will include an additional hourly fee added to your base rate. This feature will also be accessed from your Listings tab. More info here!

Look out for future “Release Notes” like this, exclusively in our community forum, to read about some of the ongoing improvements we’re making to our product. As always, let us know what you think!

Happy hosting,
Grace

3 Likes

Hello @Grace_B

This is exciting!

Any idea when the variable pricing based on number of people will be released?

We were very excited yesterday when seeing that variable pricing was released but we just learned the main feature we need to use, variable pricing based on number of people, hasn’t been released yet.

Thank you
Eduard

3 Likes

Hi Eduard,

It’s currently in the works and we hope to release it in the near future. Stay tuned, it’s on its way!

Best,
Grace

2 Likes

Great - will we be available to add custom fees - like for example let’s say - building fee.

Thank you
Eduard

1 Like

This is great. Thanks for listening to the community who only wants to help make Peerspace the best it can be! TD

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the variable pricing! I feel like this is going to save a lot of headaches.

2 Likes

This will be a big help for us, thank you!

1 Like

This is wonderful!
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Eduard,

You should be able to add custom fees, like a building fee, by creating an inventory item with the Add-Ons feature. If this isn’t something you charge for frequently, you can adjust the subtotal of the booking as you have in the past through Custom Offer.

How do I add additional services to an inquiry or booking request?
What types of additional services can hosts charge for?

I hope this answers your question, but let me know if otherwise (and apologies for the delayed reply)!

Grace

2 Likes

No concerns, I just want to say “thank you” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wonderful - so happy about this!

2 Likes

We have the feeling there is going to be a “before and after” the introduction of the attendee pricing! So helpful! Thank you also from us!

3 Likes

Indeed this is a terrific addition!

Not to go negative, but I want to think ahead. What issues do you think we will see related to this? We need a plan for the booking who says they will have 40 people (to get a cheaper rate) then have 80. We will need to address in advance, be ready to document the larger group, and for the guest to know they will be charged accordingly.

Also, there will be the borderline cases. If we have a cheaper rate for 35 and under, and they have 37, or 40, how strict does everyone think we should be? Similar to guests going over on their time. If they are here an extra 10 minutes or so, I would not charge. But as they go longer, they are just taking advantage and should be charged.

2 Likes

If someone books for 30 and brings 80, we will kick them out, no questions, no arguments and no negotiations (as it’s over our stated limit). But even if it weren’t over our stated limit, I would limit the amount of people, as my pricing is based solely on the number of staff I need.

For small events or shoots, it’ll either just be me and sometimes my wife, but for anything over 10, we have Maria to act as security. So the added price is to pay for her services. If we go over 20, then I bring in a second security person and over 40 I bring in a third.

So if I’m expecting a certain number and they exceed that to such a degree that I’d need more people, then they would have to go, or the extra people would have to go.

I have found that the key to longevity as a host is to have strict ironclad rules and a third party security/coordinator to be ‘the bad guy’. After a number of bad experiences, I avoid the renters beyond the smiles and greetings.

If they’re raw about it afterwards and files a missed expectations complaint, I have the ability to pull footage from our security cameras and send it in to Peerspace as supporting evidence.

The attendee pricing is the single most incredible addition to the Peerspace platform they could have ever added in. With the number of holiday parties we’ll have later this year, it’s going to be Peerspace’ best year ever and an exciting time to be a host!

1 Like

This will be helpful for us and should reduce significantly the number of ‘custom offers’ that we submit based on number of attendees and time of day/weekend.

One consideration now, is the ‘optics’ for guests when considering spaces. Before, we would have a ‘discussion’ on our rate policy based on their event details (since no one reads the listing description which details our rates). They will now see an ‘effective’ hourly rate based on the event # of attendees and time of day/week. We also offer a discount for 8+ hour bookings.

It would be great to see the ‘effective’ hourly rate also include the 8+ hour discount. Currently, this shows up in the summary total below, but would be better to be factored into the highly visible hourly rate when guests are considering our spaces. In my example in the attached screenshot, the rate shows up as $314/hr when their ‘effective’ hourly rate including our discount would really be $283/hr.

I can imagine some guests may be confused when seeing the higher hourly rate that doesn’t include our discount.

Thoughts anyone??

See attached image: