Notice of Filming posts in our neighborhood

Hey all! I have a question about permits. We’re fairly new to Peerspace so we’re learning as we go, but we accept about 4-5 bookings a month. To date these have been small productions, all photoshoots. Recently, we had a booking for a shoot where the production company got a permit with the city, so all of our neighbors got a “Notice of Filming” post on their door. This came as a surprise to us as we’ve been doing such small, low profile shoots, we did not want our neighbors to be notified every time we hosted one. We’re worried that this will draw unnecessary attention to our home and will become redundant given the number of shoots we’re hosting.

How do you all deal with this issue regarding permitting? Right now, we’ve updated our description to include only non permitted, smaller shoots but we’d like to find a better solution. Thanks!

All cities require permits for filming. I don’t know help peerspace productions are getting around this. Perhaps there is a policy embedded within the website that instructs people that this is the production company’s responsibility.

Were the productions shooting outside of your studio? Exteriors? I’d say it would be unnecessary for them to post on other businesses’ doors “notice of filming”. Maybe a simple “please don’t post on my neighbors’ doors” to the producer?

In CA it’s required by the film commission

even at private residences?? I never knew that :open_mouth:

It’s The obligation of the production company or the scout. Go to California film.gov and look at their handbook called your house in a starring role.

I don’t believe that peerspace educates its hosts on this. And I also think that the people that are shooting skirt the issue unless it’s a big production company. Then they cannot get around it.