Getting More Visibility on the Platform

Hey Trish,
I’m so curious to see where your placement is in search results. Can you message me with a link?

Cheers!

2 Likes

Jennifer,
Can you message me a link to your listing?

Cheers!

1 Like

Brissa, can you message me with a link to your listing? Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Deacon,
I would love to see their listings as well.

1 Like

Trish, I wish I had a magic wand. I also have a smaller studio and no one inquires about it. Its just undesirable for creating content, I have also turned it into a office setting(similar to wework). I just started and still not getting any business on there as well.

2 Likes

Hi @Deacon_T. @Eli_P !! Let me know what you think. We have had great success and now nothing at all (inquiry or bookings) for months. It makes no sense?

Please let me know if there is a cancellation I would like to attend. My space is new and even though I have great ratings on Airbnb I’m trying to make some changes to the space that would make it a good fit for events and filming which we have had a bit of.
Thanks
John Portaro

I am new on the platform. I have been greatly enjoying peerspace over the other platforms so far. 5 inquiries, 4 bookings in the first month. Maybe it is due to over-saturation of the market and pricing? No idea, It has been quite after the first 2 weeks on the platform, which were great. Best, Luca

Hi Jennifer,
Let me start out by saying that your home is TOO beautiful. The styling, the photos and the features are just out of this world gorgeous!

What I think is hurting your listing:

• The title " An unexpected interior in a rustic setting with an amazing view" is hurting your listing, as the wording implies deception. Even though it is intended to create a sense of wonder, it’s just the way that the human brain works. People want to know what to expect, but it also doesn’t properly convey what an INCREDIBLE space you have, which brings me to my next point:

• Your main image should be something a little more majestic. About 80% of your photos are GORGEOUS, but the other 20% are really really hurting it.

The main image that I see when I go to your listing is a very small crop of a living room that’s missing so much context.

Your home is so beautiful that I don’t even know what to suggest for a main image and that’s a good problem to have.

For my own space, I keep re-using this big panorama of my condo. It’s not even my favorite picture by far, but it shows the kitchen, the stairs, the office, patio, you can see a couple pieces of furniture and you can see where the bedroom is in the background.

Because people have short attention spans, in the next ten images, I try to show the bedroom, the other side of the main studio, the office and the patio as quickly as possible so that I don’t cause eye fatigue and introduce variety.

I love most of your photos, but I would remove any photos taken in the middle of the day (there were a couple of overexposed shots I saw in there) because nobody wants to shoot at that time.

Spend 2-3 days shooting at 90 minutes before sunset and keep revisiting the same areas and shooting them in different light until you find the ones that you LOVE. Showing the outdoor area with the string lights at dusk, a few minutes after the sun sinks below the horizon line and the sky is painted in oranges and pinks, with the string lights all lit up would do SO well!

So some new ‘wow’ photos and picking the most majestic main image possible would solve half of your issues. The next is to create a title that will pull people in.

Having the square footage helps, because people have needs and want to know how big the space is. Some spaces look amazing in pictures, but then they find out it’s 1000 square feet.

In the title, either mention the size of your home, or mention the size of the lot, whichever sounds more exciting.

Here’s an example (and I’m sure you can do better than me): “restored 1950’s ranch home on 1 acre, with view” and then add “with animals, patio, etc” - anything to keep them pulled in. You can even use catchphrases like “atomic age restored 1950s ranch home” - anything to bring them in and make them read the rest.

You are so close with that beautiful home that I know you’re going to do well.

Another tip (and this is one that unfortunately cannot be fixed) is that being in thousand oaks might require some of the viewers to zoom OUT on their map to even find you, which may be hurting your conversion rates (don’t quote me on that!)

I really do hope that helps and thank you for sharing such a stunning space!

1 Like

@Deacon_T I can’t thank you enough for your time! I appreciate your kind words and love the constructive criticism. I’m gonna get to work!!
Kindly,
Jennifer

1 Like

Hi Eli,

I wont be able to attend the event. Anyway you can send me the video as well?

Thank you in Advance,
Andres

Yes, I will notify everyone when completed.

1 Like

@Deacon_T Hi, hope the event went well! Was there any insight on the algorithm or the fact that some of us have had bookings/inquiry’s literally disappear? Would love to see the video if it’s accessible!! Thanks!-Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!
We didn’t get as deep into the algorithm because we aren’t 100 percent sure how it works and didn’t want to give speculative information…

BUT!

Content is king. Just like any search engine, from Google to Amazon, you need to ensure that you have a well written listing packed with important information. So if you want to optimize for ‘photo shoots’ you could say something like

“Our 2300 square foot studio loft is perfect for your next photo shoot”

2 Likes

Thanks Deacon! Where do I message you?

Us too!
We were used to a steady flow of inquiries, but facing a dryspell–in the summer no less!? What’s going on?
We just put a lot of work into re-vamping our space and image, and now we’re getting no inquiries. What can we do? What can Peerspace do?

Has anyone seen an uptick in inquiries? I’ve still had not one booking since APRIL 1, 2019. Discouraged.

I sent you a PM, I would like to see the location.

1 Like

I’m not sure where to respond Eli_P.

sorry for the late reply, I just emailed you!